At St. Pius X, we are aware that the children of this new millennium are very different from those of twenty years ago. We, therefore, have an added responsibility to meet the needs of the children by responding to their different learning styles. At St. Pius X we are committed to teaching higher-order thinking and have encouraged teachers to assess their instruction and assessment in light of this commitment.
We strive to impart knowledge and achieve comprehension; we are interested in seeing application analysis, synthesis, and evaluation. Our curriculum guidelines are established by the Diocese of Toledo and the Ohio Department of Education and are under constant review by the faculty.
Our curriculum is intended to broaden our children’s view of the world. Through our efforts, we hope to enrich the children’s lives physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. Integrating academics and the arts across the curriculum helps a student to master higher-order cognitive skills such as reasoning, logic, analysis, and synthesis.
We offer a curriculum that includes Religious Studies, Math, Science, Reading, Language Arts, Social Studies, Spanish, Art, Fine Arts, Computer Technology, and Physical education.
- Flexible Math curriculum with opportunities for individualized placement in our junior high
- Technology-integrated curriculum includes web pages for each class and teacher blogs to facilitate communication between students, parents and staff.
- Departmentalized Middle School – Grades 6 through 8.
- Latin I offered for 7th and 8th grade
- House Groups ensuring mentorship among grades
- Full day Preschool (age 4)
- Educational field trips for “hands on” learning to the Art Museum, Challenger Learning Center, Imagination Station, Toledo Zoo, Sauder Village, The Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame and much more
- OCSAA Accreditation