It is our belief that the purpose of St. Pius X School is to join with the parents in their efforts to educate their children. It is our privilege to partner with the families of our students in order to provide an education that includes spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical development. It is our hope that through this Catholic education each child will develop into a mature Christian who is well prepared to move confidently into the next phase of becoming a responsible adult.
It is our obligation to encourage children and to listen to them so that each grows according to the design written into his/her being.
We believe that each child is a unique gift created by God. It is our job as educators to work closely with parents to assist each child in their educational development. The experiences that a child has in the first years of their lives are important in the child’s growth and development.
Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the whole child, complete with activities and experiences incorporated to enhance each child’s spiritual, cognitive, language, social and physical development.
We believe that the school, in collaboration with the parents, can meet these challenges.
- To assist parents in the education of their children.
- To help the child develop as a whole person: spiritually, socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically in a Christ-centered environment.
- To provide a positive, safe and secure learning environment that will encourage the child’s growth.
- To develop a positive self-concept.
- To promote respect for self and others.
- To gain independence by providing opportunities to make choices.
- To use all senses in learning.
- To experience learning in a hands-on environment in both quiet and active play.
- To learn responsibility for one’s actions.
- To establish and develop friendships.