It is our intention to ensure that each child, who is a member of St. Pius X Parish, will not be denied an education at St. Pius X Catholic School as a result of the inability to pay tuition costs.
If you would like to apply for tuition assistance, three sources are available: EdChoice Expansion Scholarship of Ohio, Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund, and St. Pius X Parish/School.
The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship
This scholarship is for students entering Kindergarten through 8th grade.
At this point in time, families who meet the income guidelines listed below are strongly encouraged to apply for this scholarship which will cover full tuition costs and is renewable each year.
All documents are available in the school office.
| Household Size||Family Income Per Year|
| 2 people||$43,550|
| 3 people||$54,900|
| 4 people||$66,250|
| 5 people||$77,600|
| 6 people||$88,950|
| 7 people||$100,300|
| 8 people||$111,650|
| Each additional person add||$11,350|
The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund (NOSF)
The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund (NOSF) offers funding for tuition assistance for families who enroll in local private schools and who meet specific qualifications.
Eligibility is based on your family’s annual household income.
Application information can be found at nosf.org or in the school office. This is renewable if a family continues to qualify.
Oblate of St. Francis Scholarship
This scholarship is open to any St. Pius X student whose family has a verified financial need.
The Oblate Scholarship will cover classroom fees (up to $300) for a single academic year.
Students must complete the application below and parents must complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Application.
The Principal’s Scholarships
The Principal’s Scholarships are a series of scholarships available to St. Pius X students from grades 5-8 who meet the criteria.
Each scholarship is named after a past Principal of St Pius X school who has agreed to allow her name to be used both for the donations to the scholarship and distribution of the scholarship funds according to the regulations that follow.
Scholarships will be awarded each year in which the amount in a specific scholarship fund is a minimum of $100.00. Sister Nadine Scholarship winners will be awarded $500 each, applicable to the next year’s tuition. Carolyn Savage Scholarship winners will be awarded $250 each, applicable to next year’s tuition.
Principals may cancel the use of their name as part of the scholarship at any time for any reason but any monies in the fund remain in the scholarship fund and a new name will be chosen from among past Principals by the Pastor of the parish on the recommendation of a committee which will consist of the current Principal, the current chair of the School Advisory Council and a third person chosen by mutual agreement of the others.
The manner of collecting, handling, and disbursing of funds will follow the prescribed law and the specific guidelines of the Diocese of Toledo and will be handled through the office of the Business Manager of St Pius X Parish.
Contributions in honor of or in memory of any of the former Principals may be made at any time throughout the year by contacting the Business Manager of St Pius X parish, 3011 Carskaddon Ave. Toledo Ohio 43606 (419-535-7672).
Criteria for the Principals Scholarship
1. All who wish to be considered must apply, with full materials, by the date designated. No candidate will be considered if any documentation is missing or incomplete. In addition to identifying documentation and declaration of financial need, each application will include a requirement of a written document the title of which may be changed on a yearly basis. The document must be prepared by the student applicant alone.
2. A student who already receives a full-tuition scholarship or a partial scholarship, which covers at least 75% of the tuition costs, is not eligible for a Principal’s Scholarship.
3. The candidate must have successfully completed a minimum of one year as a St. Pius X student in the year immediately prior to application for consideration.
4. The candidate must be “endorsed” by the Principal and the Dean of Students as “clear” academically and discipline-wise. Clear means that there is no indication that the student is or will be on either academic or disciplinary probation from the time of consideration for the scholarship throughout the period for which the scholarship applies. If a student does receive either or both academic and disciplinary probation during the time of the scholarship remains but the student becomes ineligible for another scholarship for two full years.
5. Scholarship money is applicable only to the base tuition of the award year and not applicable to any prior balance (past due costs) or any other fees which are charged to the student’s account. The Award is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
6. A student/family may have no more than 1/4th of total tuition due in the category of “past due” at the beginning of the academic year in which the application for the scholarship is made.
7. Only one scholarship may be given to each family even if there are multiple students from the same family.
8. The number of projected scholarships at present is four but more may be added if monies are forthcoming. The distribution of scholarships will be as follows:
(1) The Sister Nadine Kaschalk C.PP.S. Scholarship . For a student entering 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade at St. Pius X. The candidate must be Roman Catholic and a registered and participating member of St. Pius X parish. Pastor verification is needed. Nonrenewable.
(2) The Carolyn Savage Scholarship. For a student entering 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade at St Pius X. The candidate need not be Roman Catholic. Nonrenewable.
9. All scholarships are valid for one academic year only. Students who receive a scholarship in one year may, however, apply for the following year provided they meet the specific requirements for that year.
Parish member scholarship
Up to $1950 per student By applying for this scholarship parents are indicating that their family is registered as members of the parish and are active in the life of the community, including attending mass and various parish events.
Community partner scholarship
Up to $850 per student By applying for this scholarship parents are indicating that their family is not registered as members of the parish, but are active in the life of the school community, including attending and assisting at school events and activities as possible.